Spinner Wiki RPM quickstart.
This rpm was prepared on a RedHat Linux system, but since the
wiki scripts and tree are defined in your web server's configuration
file, this should work on any rpm based system.
- Come up with a real DNS name for your wiki server, like
- Install Apache. This rpm assumes apache runs under the user and
group apache, so you'll need to adjust directory ownership if this is
not the case.
- Install spinner-wiki-20021218-0.noarch.rpm or a newer RPM.
- Add the lines in /etc/httpd/conf/spinner-httpd.conf to
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf (or whatever your web server's config file
to the real administrator's address.
- You may need to edit, at a minimum, this field in /var/wiki/cgi-bin/wiki.cfg:
$baseURL = "http://wiki.eng.myco.com";
- If you want RCS revision control, turn it on in wiki.cfg with:
$useRCS = 1;
$saveToRCS = 1;